6 Tips for Effective Event Signage
Events provide your business with an excellent opportunity to use effective signage to promote the event and your brand as a whole. Whether you need banners or posters to boost event awareness, directional signage for the event itself or a complete signage solution, Alabama Graphics can be your one-stop shop. Effective event signage should attract attention, stand out in a crowd, be memorable and motivate people to take action.
- Think big, bold and bright. Event signage should be printed big, bold and bright in order to have a high impact. Remember, you don’t have long to catch a passerby’s attention.
- Be concise. Again, because people are typically walking when reading signs, it’s important to keep the text that is printed on the signs concise and easy to read. The text on the sign should quickly and clearly direct and/or inform the reader. If possible, keep the text to a maximum of 5-10 words.
- Keep it consistent. Establish and follow a theme to give your event a consistent message. Focus on keeping your event theme consistent across all signage. Directional signage, toilet signs, fence signage, posters, banners and entry/exit signs should all fall under that theme. For instance, consider using just a few bright, bold and contrasting colors. If the signage is promoting a particular business, stay true to branding colors and fonts so readers will make the connection between your business and the signs.
- Make it memorable. Though you should keep your signage consistent, don’t shy away from creativity. Different and unusual signage shapes and sizes will attract attention. Because of numerous new signage solutions, the options are virtually endless!
- Placement is key. Be strategic with signage placement. Event attendees are probably unfamiliar with the event facility and will be looking for direction and information. Point attendees toward restrooms, concessions, event pathways, popular sites and any other important locations. Think about the flow of the event and place your signage prominently. The more signs, the merrier.
- Choose the right material. Last, but certainly not least, be sure to choose the right material for your signage. Because some products are designed for outdoor use and others are intended for indoor use, it’s essential to choose the right material for your specific situation. At ALGX, we offer countless outdoor and indoor signage solutions, and we’re happy to help you determine the best material for your needs.
The next time you’re in the market for an event signage solution, consider these six tips and give us a call to see what we can do for you!
Birmingham: 800-292-3806 • 205-252-8505 | Montgomery: 800-463-5610 • 334-263-0529